Broccoli and feta crustless quiche recipe
Our broccoli and feta crustless quiche recipe contains all the delicious flavours of a traditional quiche, but with fewer of the carbs and calories.
We’ve ditched the pastry to keep our quiche as light as can be – perfect if you’re trying to cut down on carbs or want a light dinner.
Plus, broccoli has plenty of wellbeing goodness – including being rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C is formidable in its support of our immune system, but it also has some skin-boosting benefits too. It’s a powerful antioxidant, which helps to protect against DNA damage that can lead to age spots, melasma and skin-discolouration. Our body can’t produce vitamin C so it’s essential we get plenty in our everyday diet.
Feta adds a delicious tang to this recipe. This tasty cheese is a good source of calcium, along with phosphorous and B vitamins. Feta also contains friendly bacteria that can help to support our gut health and immune system.
What more excuse do you need? Enjoy our crustless quiche recipe on its own or pair with a delicious salad for a truly nutritious meal.
Watch Liz make her crustless quiche recipe
Love this recipe? Try these
As well as being rich in vitamin C, broccoli is packed with skin-friendly folic acid, as well as minerals such as calcium, iron and potassium.
- 350g broccoli, stalks separated
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 8 medium organic eggs
- 100g feta, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and add the broccoli.
- Cook for three to five minutes, until the broccoli is tender. Add the spring onions to the pan and cook for another 30 seconds – this just blanches the spring onions to take the raw edge off the flavour. Drain well, then arrange the broccoli florets and spring onions in a round 20cm flexible cake tin.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add the feta, parsley and seasoning. Whisk again to break the feta into smaller chunks. Spoon the mixture over the broccoli, then arrange the halved cherry tomatoes over the top.
- Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes, until the egg has set and the top is golden. Great served hot or cold.