Gluten-free coconut and pecan breakfast loaf
This recipe for gluten-free coconut and pecan breakfast loaf from Not Just a Pretty Plate is the perfect way to brighten up your morning. Start your day with a healthy hit of tropical sunshine, free from gluten, dairy and refined sugar. Think of this loaf as a protein-packed breakfast vessel.
Pecan nuts are excellent for supporting our wellbeing. These nutritious nuts contain good levels of zinc, helping to support our immune system. They also have good heart-healthy fats that appear to have links to improving total cholesterol levels. These helpful fats can also help us to feel fuller for longer. We recommend these pecan halves to include in the recipe.
Linseeds also make up the topping of this breakfast loaf recipe. These tiny nutrition powerhouses are the richest plant source of omega-3. These essential fatty acids help to keep our brain in good health and researchers think they may play a key role in improving memory.
We love to serve this recipe with a generous helping of gut-friendly kefir, fresh fruit and a scattering of crunchy seeds. Kefir – a fermented milk drink – is full of probiotics, helping to support our gut health. Learn how to make your own at home, or discover our pick of the best kefir brands.
Looking for coconut flour? We recommend this brand here.
Top tip: This loaf keeps for up to five days if wrapped and stored in the fridge. No added sugar to preserve the loaf means it will not last well at room temperature.
Discover more tempting recipes
Please note, on some occasions, we earn revenue if you click the links and buy the products, but we never allow this to bias our coverage and always honestly review. For more information please read our Affiliate Policy.
- 4 ripe bananas
- 5 organic eggs
- 87g coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Handful of pecan nuts
- 1 tbsp linseeds
- Line a 2lb loaf tin and preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Mash the bananas, whisk the eggs and stir until well combined, along with the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, vanilla and salt.
- Spoon into your prepared tin, level the top, and scatter over the pecans and linseeds – or any nuts and seeds you have to hand.
- Bake for around 35-45 minutes, or until golden, risen and firm to touch. Place the tin on a wire rack and leave to cool.
- Serve sliced and topped with a spoonful of kefir or live yoghurt and your favourite seasonal fruit, plus a little drizzle of honey if preferred.