Blood orange and pomegranate fizz cocktail recipe
This blood orange and pomegranate fizz cocktail recipe is the perfect fruity drink for Christmas. The drink is a guaranteed hit for the festivities with its deep red colour and warming, fruity flavours. Serve in tall Champagne flutes for an elegant, jewel-toned offering.
Not only is blood orange and pomegranate a fabulously fruity flavour combination, it’s also a fantastic vitamin boost. Both fruits are packed with vitamin C, which helps to support our immune system. They also are both rich in vitamin A, which can support our eye health and keep our nervous systems in tip-top condition.
Pomegranate juice also has a whole host of other benefits too, including being a potent antioxidant. As a fruit, they have three times the antioxidant power of green tea thanks to plant compounds called polyphenols. Antioxidants help to neutralise unstable molecules called free radicals that can damage the body.
Studies also show that pomegranates can boost our brainpower too – perfect for those festive games and quizzes!
This delicious fizz cocktail recipe deserves a slot on your menu this Christmas, so grab a cocktail shaker and be merry.
Explore more delicious wellbeing recipes
- 2 blood oranges
- 150ml pomegranate juice (fresh or shop bought)
- 150ml sparkling water
- 70ml Vodka
- Peel two slices off your blood orange and save to serve.
- Juice two blood oranges and add into a shaker with the pomegranate juice and a handful of ice cubes. Shake well and drain into two glasses.
- Add a splash of sparkling water and vodka, then mix well.
- Serve with a few pomegranate seeds and a thin peel of the blood orange added to each glass.