Summer holiday special with Michael Garry
In this summer holiday special, Liz shares tips for staying cool in the sun, her favourite sunscreens and the latest guidance on vitamin D supplementation. She’s also joined by celebrity personal trainer, Michael Garry, to discuss how we can stay fit while we’re away.
You can stream the episode below, or download the recording via iTunes or Stitcher:
Topics discussed in this week’s episode:
- How to stay cool in the sun?
- Liz shares her favourite sunscreens
- What’s the difference between chemical and mineral sun cream?
- How can sun creams impact the coral reef?
- Liz explains the importance of vitamin D
- Do we need to supplement vitamin D?
- Michael shares his top tips for staying fit while we’re away
- What time of day should we exercise?
- Liz and Michael discuss how intermittent fasting can keep us lean on holiday
- Michael explains why he loves teaching his clients to skip
- How to use resistance bands
- Michael shares how we can learn to do a press up
- Liz and Michael discuss the benefits of squats and lunges
- How to tone calves
- Keep in touch with Michael via his website and his Instagram, @michaelgarrylondon
- Follow Liz’s PT sessions with Michael on her personal Instagram, @lizearleme
- Looking for at-home exercise inspiration? Download our bestselling e-book, A Stronger, Slimmer You
- You can find a list of Liz’s favourite sunscreens here
How to understand anger, with James Earl