How to talk to your GP about menopause with Dr Justine Setchell
Liz is joined by Dr Justine Setchell to discuss the vital role that GPs play in menopause care, how to navigate a GP who isn’t up-to-date with the latest guidance, and how menopause medical training can be improved.
This is the third instalment in our five part podcast special in celebration of World Menopause Day.
Inside the episode:
- How much menopause education will GPs receive during their training?
- How can we seek out a GP with an interest in menopause?
- What menopause qualifications can we look out for?
- How can we prepare to see our GPs?
- Is there any evidence that HRT causes breast cancer?
- What is the role of a GP?
- What can be done if a GP won’t prescribe HRT?
- Why are women mistakenly prescribed antidepressants during menopause?
- Should GPs test for menopause with a blood test?
- Why are there HRT shortages in the UK?
- Justine shares her tips for improving menopause care in the workplace.