Gnocchi, olive and tomato bake recipe
Looking for an easy midweek meal? Look no further than this delicious gnocchi recipe by Crespo Olives. After cooking your gnocchi for a few minutes, all that’s left to do is to place the ingredients in an ovenproof serving dish and relax while it bakes.
This dish is full of Mediterranean flavour. Olives add extra bite here and are also full of vitamins and minerals. Black olives are a great source of iron, which helps our blood cells to transport oxygen. Not only that, olives are a good source of vitamin E. This handy vitamin helps to support healthy skin and eyes. It also works to strengthen our immune system to protect us against illness and infection.
Tomatoes are another wellbeing wonder that you’ll find in this dish. These brightly coloured fruits are a great source of lycopene. Some studies suggest that eating lycopene-rich food may lower our risk of certain types of cancer, particularly cancers of the prostate, lung and stomach.
If you’ve not got any gnocchi to hand, filled tortellini pasta also makes a delicious substitute for this recipe. Serve hot with a chilled glass of gut-friendly kombucha. Delicious!
Discover more delicious recipes
- Warming lentil curry recipe
- Vegetable tikka masala recipe
- Vegetarian lasagne recipe with spinach and mushroom
- 500g pack gnocchi
- 2 tbsp tomato pesto
- 75g Pitted black olives, halved
- 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 125g pack mozzarella, torn
- 25g ciabatta breadcrumbs
- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220oC/200oC fan, gas mark 7.
- Cook the gnocchi in boiling water for three minutes, drain and return to the pan. Add the pesto, olives, tomatoes and half the mozzarella and transfer to an ovenproof serving dish.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the oil and sprinkle over the gnocchi with the remaining mozzarella and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.