Super-seedy omega-3 bars recipe
We’ve made it extra easy to reach for the right snack when an energy slump hits. Prepare these delicious seed bars ahead of time and keep them on-hand for when you need a tasty pick-me-up…
Loved this? Read more:
- Seeds are rich in skin-saving omega-3
- The active compound ‘curcumin’, found in turmeric, has been shown to have antibacterial, antioxidising, and anti-inflammatory properties
- 250ml unsweetened almond milk
- 135g porridge oats
- 150g mixed seeds (flax, sunflower, sesame etc)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 1⁄2 tsp Marmite
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/ gas mark 4. Mix the milk, oats and seeds together and leave to soak for 15 minutes. Add in the turmeric, mustard seeds, Marmite, salt and pepper, and nutritional yeast (if using), then mix well.
- Pour into a lined baking tray and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the mixture from the oven and leave to cool in the tray before cutting into bars. Store in an airtight container in the cupboard.