Gingernut lime pie recipe
Straight from the shores of Kenya’s glorious sunny coastline, this lime pie recipe is a zesty way to serve up dessert.
This refreshing pudding is crafted by the chefs at the famous Peponi Hotel in Lamu, Kenya. It’s light, sweet and super easy to make.
A base made from gingernut biscuits adds a twist to an all-time classic, and you can be sure your guests will be back for seconds!
More dessert recipes
Limes are an excellent source of vitamin C and antioxidants, making them perfect for giving your skin a bit of a boost.
- 200g gingernut biscuits
- 80g butter
- 3 eggs separated
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 300g cream
- Make the base by blitzing the biscuits in a food processor until fine. Add the butter and blitz until combined. Press the mixture into a tart tin, making sure it’s evenly flat and around the sides of the tin.
- Place in a 220°C/425°F/gas mark 7 oven for two minutes, then refrigerate for 20 minutes, until filling is ready.
- To make the filling, whisk up the egg yolks and sugar with an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add in the lime zest.
- In two separate bowls, whip the egg whites to a soft meringue consistency with peaks, then in the other bowl, lightly whip the cream.
- Fold half of the dream and half the eggs whites to the bowl, then pour the mixture into the chilled base. Pace in the freezer for an hour to set.