Crab spaghetti recipe with tomatoes
This delicious tomato and crab spaghetti recipe from Love British Food ambassador Andy Hunting, is ideal for an easy midweek meal that still feels that bit extra special.
Crab is an excellent source of protein, and also contains omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 is essential for brain health, alonging with supporting our eyes and vision.
When sourcing your crab, opt for local fishmongers if you’re by the coast. Alternatively, look for crab meat that features the blue tick of the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) on its labelling. The MSC only provide the blue fish label seafood from fisheries that have been certified to the MSC’s standards for sustainable fishing.
Pair your crab spaghetti recipe with a bunch of juicy tomatoes. Tomatoes are an excellent source of lycopene. This powerful antioxidant gives tomatoes and other fruits and vegetables, such as red cabbage and watermelon, their bright colours. Some studies suggest that eating lycopene-rich food may lower our risk of certain types of cancer, particularly cancers of the prostate, lung and stomach.
Discover more delicious recipes
- 150g Fresh white Crab Meat
- 200g dried or fresh spaghetti
- Bunch of cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 tbsp evtra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed and finely sliced
- Seasoning with salt and pepper as required
- Firstly put a large pan of salted water on to boil and cook your pasta as per the cooking instructions.
- Pour the oil into a large frying pan or saute pan, and put onto a medium heat, when up to temperature put in the tomatoes whole. Cook the tomatoes for seven to 10 minutes, making sure to keep them moving. You want them nicely blistered, but without any colour.
- Now turn the heat down to low and add the garlic and chilli to the pan, and keep stirring for a further two to three minutes.
- Once your pasta is cooked, drain and add to the pan with the tomatoes, and stir in the crab meat. Gently fold the mixture until the crab meat is warmed through, this should take a few minutes.
- Slice your lemon in half and squeeze a bit of lemon onto the pasta and check for seasoning. Add seasoning and more lemon if needed.
- Serve and enjoy with a nice cold glass of chilled white wine.