Seafood pasta recipe
Who needs pizza when you can feast on this delicious seafood pasta recipe? The fish provides omega-3 (beneficial for brain function and health) and plenty of low-fat protein. Cannellini beans add fibre, aiding digestion. These beans also contain important minerals such as magnesium and zinc.
Should you indulge more than you ought (so easiliy done with this dish!), the fennel aids digestion. This fragrant herb also provides a hit of vitamin C, helping to support our immune system, protects cells and help to maintain healthy skin, blood vessels and bones.
Serve with generation portion of crisp rocket and a twist of lemon. An extra drizzle of olive oil is always welcome too!
Discover more of our pasta recipes
- Bucatini pasta with red chicory
- Macaroni cheese with kale
- Sausage and fennel ragu with homemade pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 fennel bulb, finely chopped
- 150g wholewheat spaghetti
- 200g chopped tomatoes
- 150ml hot fish or chicken stock
- 200g cannellini beans, drained
- 250g mixed seafood (e.g. squid, prawns and cod)
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped dill
- Small handful of rocket
- 1/2 lemon, halved
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil for the pasta.
- Heat the oil in a medium pan and add a tablespoon of water. Add the onion, garlic and fennel, then season. Cover with a lid and sauté over a low to medium hear for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring every now and then.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain well and return to the pan with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Stir the chopped tomatoes and stock into the pan with the onion mixture and season. Simmer, uncovered, for a further five minutes.
- Stir in the cannellini beans and seafood, and cook for five to eight minutes until the fish has cooked through and is opaque. Stir in the dill.
- Spoon a little of the sauce into the pasta, then divide between the two plates. Top with the remaining sauce and rocket, and serve with the lemon and an extra drizzle of olive oil if you like.