Super skin-saving berry smoothie recipe
Make a delicious smoothie that’s full of healthy benefits for our skin. This recipe is a favourite of Liz’s for helping us glow from the inside out.
Berries are excellent for supporting the health of our skin. The ones we’ve opted for in this recipe are low GI and teeming with vitamin C and other helpful antioxidants. Liz also loves to add in spoonfuls of collagen and hyaluronic acid. When consumed on a regular basis, these can help to support the health of our skin, joints and bones.
Make this the night before to have an instant, energising breakfast in the morning. Just pour into a sealable container and chill. Don’t leave it in the fridge for too long, though, or the ingredients will start to separate. Stir well before drinking.
Discover more delicious recipes
- 50g raspberries
- 50g blueberries
- 50g strawberries
- 1 scoop collagen powder (or according to packet instructions)
- 1 tsp food-grade hyaluronic acid (or according to packet instructions)
- 50g plain live yoghurt
- Put the berries into a mini food processor or blender. Add the collagen, hyaluronic acid and yoghurt and whizz until smooth.
- Add 200ml water and whizz again to blend all the ingredients together.
- Pour into a glass and serve.
You can find this recipe, and over 50 other nutritious, wellbeing-focused recipes in Liz’s bestselling book The Good Menopause Guide (Orion, 2018).