Summer cocktail recipe with cucumber, lime and mint
Up your cocktail game with a refreshing cooler, made for sunny days. This summer cocktail recipe is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. It’s sure to go down a treat at your next BBQ or party. Plus, with cucumber, lime and mint, it’s a winning combination.
We’ve added gin to this summer cocktail recipe to make it super grown-up, but you can easily omit alcohol for a tasty alternative that’s ideal for non-drinkers and designated drivers.
Mint adds a refreshing pep here and is in abundance during the summer months. Use fresh leaves straight from the garden or a windowsill box for the best flavour.
Subscribe to Liz Earle Wellbeing for recipes and more!
Liz Earle Wellbeing Magazine is full of wellbeing wisdom to inspire you to feel well, look well and live well for longer. It is only available via subscription so sign up now to ensure you never miss an issue of Liz’s trusted advice, delivered directly to your door. You can also enjoy six issues for the price of five when you sign up via direct debit and receive free UK p+p!
Discover more delicious recipes
- Cocktail shaker
- Two tall glasses
- 2cm cucumber, skin on, juiced, plus 4 thin cucumber ribbons to garnish
- 70ml gin
- 2 handfuls of ice
- 1 small handful of mint leaves, bashed, plus 2 sprigs of mint to serve
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tbsp agave syrup (to taste)
- Soda water
- Curl the cucumber ribbons inside each glass.
- Place the gin, a handful of ice, the mint leaves, cucumber juice, lime and agave syrup into a cocktail shaker and shake well to combine.
- Strain into the two glasses, add the extra ice and top up with soda water to taste. Serve with a sprig of mint in each.