Sour cherry and lime julep recipe
The long, balmy summer evenings are the perfect time to enjoy a cocktail with family and friends, but this doesn’t mean alcohol needs to be involved. If you do fancy a tipple, add Prosecco in place of sparkling water, though the non-alcoholic version is just as delicious.
- 2 Babycham glasses
- 200g fresh cherries, de-stoned
- 4 tbsp sugar/2 tbsp honey
- 200g ice, blended
- 400ml water
- Sparkling water
- Prosecco (optional)
- Make a sugar syrup by heating the cherries and water in a small pan. When it is boiling add the sugar or honey and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
- When the syrup has reduced and taken on a vibrant pink colour, squeeze the juice of one lime into the mixture and set aside. When the mixture is cool, pour through a sieve into a jug to remove the cherry ﬂesh.
- Place the ice into your serving glass and pour over half of the sour cherry syrup, top up with sparkling water or Prosecco before giving the mixture a good stir. Garnish the drink with lime and fresh cherries.