Pisco sour with ginger, orange and turmeric recipe
Pisco is a Peruvian brandy made by distilling fermented grape juice. This spiced up twist on a pisco sour includes oranges, ginger and turmeric.
Ginger can help digestion, reduce nausea, help balance blood sugar and may even reduce pain.
Tumeric is a naturally powerful antioxidant. It can also act as an anti-inflammatory.
- 200g caster sugar
- 200ml water
- 8 cm ginger, grated
- 200ml pisco (or white tequila)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 4 tsp orange zest
- 1-2 tsp orange extract
- 4 organic egg white
- A few dashes of orange bitters (optional)
- Heat the sugar, water and ginger together until the sugar has dissolved. Simmer until reduced by half to a syrup. Leave to cool.
- Combine everything except the zest and bitters in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously until well mixed and the egg white has foamed completely. If you don’t have a shaker, use a blender but only add a couple of ice cubes so you don’t make a slushie.
- Serve with zest and a few drops of bitters on top.