Basil and ginger bellini
Whether you want to impress guests at an intimate dinner party, need some inspiration for a family get-together, or are planning a large festive gathering, we’ve got you covered. This botanical tipple is fuss-free and totally delicious – guaranteed to make sure you are party-ready.
- 100ml water
- 100ml sugar
- A bunch torn fresh basil leaves
- A large knob ginger, grated
- A chilled bottle Prosecco
- Basil leaves to garnish (optional)
- Make a syrup by combining the water and sugar in a pan. Bring to the boil and stir until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Turn down the heat and add the torn basil and grated ginger, stir well, then remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- When you are ready to serve, pour a little of the syrup into six flute glasses and top up with Prosecco.