Spatchcock poussin recipe with spiced yoghurt marinade
Fire up the grill for a delicious alfresco meal to enjoy with friends. This spatchcock poussin recipe is perfect for cooking on the barbecue. Ideal for warm, sunny afternoons!
Poussins offer a lean meat that is full of protein. Enjoy with our warming marinade for a dish that’s bursting with delicious flavours.
A barbecue isn’t complete without a plethora of dishes to choose from. The good news is we have a whole host of recipes on Liz Earle Wellbeing to help you create a fabulous summer feast.
If you’re after a fresh summer salad, you won’t go wrong with our broad bean salad recipe with asparagus and new potatoes. This light and bright dish is perfect for enjoying a host of flavours. Alternatively, our griddled fennel and apricot orzo salad is another excellent option, as is our mixed tomato and burrata salad.
For the ultimate summer refreshment to enjoy with our poussin recipe, look no further than the Liz Earle Wellbeing Blush Rose Kombucha. Specially matured to enhance its champagne-like qualities, this drink features the finest organic ingredients and is bursting with the subtle, naturally sweet tones of fragrant rose and fresh raspberry. Perfect for special summer celebrations!
Discover more delicious recipes from Liz Earle Wellbeing
- 4 poussins (or a whole small chicken)
For the marinade
- 3cm ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 500g natural yoghurt
- Sea salt
- 2 limes, quartered
- Fresh coriander
- Make the yoghurt marinade by grating the ginger and garlic into a large flat dish, and adding the other spices, yoghurt and seasoning, and mixing well together well.
- Using heavy duty scissors or poultry shears, cut along each side of the poussin backbones and remove. Flatten the poussins (or chicken), and add to the dish, coating each one well with the marinade. Leave to rest for a couple of hours if possible.
- Grill them all on the barbecue for 20-30 minutes, turning over once they start to char. if you’re using chicken instead, this will take about 20-25 minutes each side.
- Serve with wedges of lime and plenty of chopped coriander.