Grilled chicken salad recipe with orange, watercress and fennel
This delicious grilled chicken salad recipe is so simple to make and is perfect to enjoy during late spring and summer. The combination of fresh orange with crunchy fennel and tangy watercress works incredibly well together. Do buy organic or traditionally produced chicken wherever possible, reared without the routine use of antibiotics.
Watercress, like other dark green, leafy veg, is an excellent source of absorbable iron, calcium and plant chemicals called glucosinolates. Studies show that these can help protect against some cancers. It’s also a potent source of many other useful phytocompounds known as carotenoids, including lutein and zeaxanthin, both vital for healthy eyesight.
We love to serve our grilled chicken salad recipe alongside a chilled glass of kombucha. In fact, the Liz Earle Wellbeing Blush Rose Kombucha makes for the perfect pairing! Find out more and enjoy 10% off your order at Mighty Brew with the code LIZLOVES at checkout.
Watch Liz make her grilled chicken salad recipe
Discover more delicious recipes from Liz Earle Wellbeing
- Frittata recipe with asparagus and new potatoes
- Spring green broth recipe
- Roasted chickpea and harissa salad recipe
Please note, on some occasions, we earn revenue if you click the links and buy the products, but we never allow this to bias our coverage and always honestly review. For more information please read our Affiliate Policy.
For the salad
- 2 small chicken breasts, skin removed and sliced
- 1 orange
- 100g cooked red and white quinoa
- 1 small fennel bulb, cut into wedges, fronds reserved
- 100g watercress
For the dressing
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat, and once hot, cook the chicken pieces for two minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate to rest. Put the griddle pan back on the heat and cook the fennel wedges for five minutes, turning to char all sides. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Zest the orange into a mixing bowl and then remove the peel with a knife, before slicing the orange into a bowl, collecting any juice in the bowel as you go. Stir in the cooked quinoa, chicken and fennel, and gently fold in the watercress.
- Divide between serving plates, whisk the dressing ingredients together and drizzle over the salad before serving immediately.
Thai chicken and coconut soup recipe (Tom Ka Gai)