Beauty boost bars with seeds and cranberries
These healthy snack bars are not only quick to make but a real beauty boost, packed full of nutritious, skin-plumping goodness. Simply mix all the ingredients and add to a tray before popping in the fridge for an hour to set. It couldn’t be easier!
These bars are also a great way to balance out your hormones as the linseeds, chia and sunflower seeds contain phytoestrogens. Make a batch ahead of the week so you have something delicious to reach for in a low-energy slump.
Dried fruit adds natural sweetness to this recipe, reducing the need for refined sugar. While dried fruits contain sugars, they also bring with them a number of vitamins and minerals. They’re also an excellent source of fibre, helping to support our gut health.
A healthy diet, rich in fibre can help achieve a balanced gut, and has been shown to lower the risk of diabetes and heart disease. The recommended intake for adults is 30g per day – however, for women the average intake is 17g a day and for men it’s 21g a day.
Loved this? Why not try:
- 50g each of dates, dried apricots and sunflower seeds
- 100g raisins
- 100g porridge oats
- 30g chia seeds
- 25g medium oatmeal
- 20g linseeds
- 25g goji berries and/or dried cherries
- 25g dried cranberries
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil, plus a drizzle to grease the tin
- Whizz all of the ingredients in a food processor until it forms a firm dough ball, then press lightly into a lightly oiled loaf tin or baking tray.
- Press the dough down to a thickness of around 2cm, then refrigerate for an hour or so before cutting into cubes.
- Alternatively, roll the dough into a thick sausage shape and cover with tin foil, then cut a slice from the tube as and when you need it.