Stay mentally fit with Dr Vanessa Moulton
Dr Vanessa Moulton, a chartered psychologist and founder of Mindflex, joins Liz to reveal how we can boost our psychological fitness.
Vanessa reveals the techniques you can easily do at home. Find handy tips for dealing with stress, boosting your mental health and ideas for showing ourselves more compassion.
Please note: This episode includes one mention of strong language.
Stream the episode below, or download the recording via iTunes or Spotify:
Inside the episode
- What are the barriers to seeking help?
- How do our early ideas impact our mental health?
- How do we strike the right balance when raising children?
- Why do we get stressed?
- How can we cope with stress?
- Why should we be more compassionate towards ourselves?
- How does psychological fitness play a role in mental illness?
- How can we boost psychological fitness?
- Can journaling help?
Resources mentioned in the episode
- Find out more about Mindflex
- Read Why Love Matters: How affection shapes a baby’s brain
Listen to other episodes in the series
- Omega-3 and brain health with Dr Simon Dyall
- Nutrition and menopause with Emma Ellice-Flint
- Estrogen and incontinence with Dr Rebecca Lewis
- The pelvic floor with Jane Simpson
- Incontinence and menopause with Meg Mathews
How to live happier, healthier and longer, with Gabriela Peacock