A failsafe skincare routine with Abigail James
Liz chats to Abigail James, a true skincare guru whose signature facials and unique massage techniques are highly sought after by industry insiders, A-listers and London’s elite. She shares her failsafe skincare regime and the miracle ingredients to look out for.
You can stream the episode below or download the episode via iTunes & Stitcher:
Topics discussed in the episode:
- Abigail’s journey to becoming one of the UKs leading facialists
- Post-natal depression
- Organic skincare
- How Liz & Abigail met
- A holistic approach to skincare
- Abigail’s top tips for great skin
- Serums and acids
- Probiotic skincare
- What to look for in a skincare regime
Mentioned in the episode:
- Kojic acid: often derived from mushrooms, this acid is great for pigmentation.
- Lactic acid: Abigail’s personal favourite, lactic acid is gentler than glycolic acid while still helping to unglue and eat up dead skin cells. It helps other actives to penetrate the skin and boots your skin’s natural hydration. For a natural lactic acid boost, get Liz’s DIY yoghurt face mask recipe here.
- Salicylic acid: particularly beneficial to those with acne, lactic acid has an anti-bacterial effect on the skin. It helps to exfoliate the skin, speeding up cell turnover and preventing the pores from becoming blocked.
- Azelaic acid: perfect for those with rosacea, azelaic acid also encourages cell turnover but in a more gentle way
- Microcurrent treatments: this tech was originally developed to treat Bell’s palsy. It is a non-invasive treatment that uses an electric current to help to re-educate muscles, adding vibrance and a mild lift to the skin.
- The NuFACE: this gadget helps you to continue the good work at home.
More from Abigail:
How to live happier, healthier and longer, with Gabriela Peacock