Breast cancer and HRT with Kirsty Lang
Much-loved BBC broadcaster Kirsty Lang shares her decision to continue taking HRT following breast cancer treatment. An enlightening and evidence-led listen.
You can stream the episode below, or download the recording via iTunes or Spotify:
Inside the episode:
- Kirsty details how she became a broadcaster
- She describes her breast cancer diagnosis
- Kirsty shares why she stopped taking HRT after her diagnosis
- What is intraoperative radiotherapy?
- Kirsty shares her experience of breast cancer treatment
- Can you prevent hair loss during cancer treatment?
- Kirsty describes her experience coming off HRT
- Why did Kirsty decide to continue taking HRT after breast cancer
- What’s the difference between tamoxifen and letrozole?
- Kirsty shares the types of HRT that have worked for her
- What are the risk factors for breast cancer?
- Can exercise reduce breast cancer risk?
Resources mentioned in the show:
For more breast cancer info, listen to Liz’s interview with Professor Michael Baum.
Avrum Bluming and Carol Tavris’s book, Oestrogen Matters
To learn more about HRT, be sure to download Liz’s bestselling e-book, The Truth about HRT
Four steps to a happier, healthier you with Tess Daly