Depression and inflammation with Dr Kenneth Bock
Dr Kenneth Bock, an integrative medicine doctor and autism expert, joins Liz to discuss the causes behind mental health conditions.
Kenneth opens up about his latest book, Brain Inflamed: Uncovering the Hidden Causes of Anxiety, Depression, and Other Mood Disorders in Teens and Adolescents. This fascinating read looks at the causes behind these mental health conditions that have seen a worrying rise in recent years. Kenneth also shares his interesting holistic approach to our brains and bodies, and reveals the vital importance of our gut to our health.
Stream the episode below, or download the recording via iTunes or Spotify.
Inside the episode
- How Dr Bock’s interest in his field of expertise began
- The changes in teen mental health
- Is medication the answer?
- The connection between the brain, gut and immune system
- The role of diet
- Can infection cause problems in the brain?
- How we should approach autism
Links mentioned in the episode
How to understand anger, with James Earl