Winter spiced orange popcorn recipe
This sweet and spiced orange popcorn recipe is perfect for when you fancy something moreish to nibble on. This is the ideal snack for an evening in watching a gripping film or snuggled up in front of the fire on a winter’s night.
With a pop of cinnamon, it’s the perfect snack for winter. This warming spice also has a number of wellbeing benefits. Cinnamon is a fantastic source of antioxidants and is is also thought to have prebiotic properties. This means it helps to feed the beneficial bacteria in our gut, supporting our gut health.
Honey adds sweetness here and it’s one of our favourites for replacing calorie-laden refined sugar. Honey – specifically raw honey – is thought to have antioxidant properties. These help to mop up any damaging free radicals that our cells generate during metabolism. Antioxidant levels vary from honey to honey (depending on the bees’ floral source and location), but typically the darker the honey means a higher value of antioxidants.
Serve our popcorn recipe with a steaming mug of something delicious. Our turmeric coconut latte is the perfect winter warmer.
Watch Liz make this easy popcorn recipe
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Discover more delicious recipes
- 2 tsp oil of choice (rapeseed works well)
- 150g popping corn
- 3-4 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 orange, juice and zest
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Sea salt and black pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil on a medium heat and add in the popping corn. Place the lid on and allow the corn to start popping for a few minutes, shaking occasionally until it goes quiet and has all popped.
- Meanwhile, heat up the honey and butter in a small saucepan over a medium-low heat. Add the juice and zest of the orange, along with the spices, and cook until it is bubbling and has turned a dark golden caramel.
- Pour the spiced caramel sauce over the popcorn, along with a sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper. Put the lid back on and shake well so it’s all mixed in before transferring into a bowl to enjoy.