Red pepper & smoked paprika pesto recipe
Keep things simple without compromising on flavour by whipping up this red pepper and smoked paprika pesto recipe to run through wholemeal pasta or courgetti. It keeps in the fridge for a week in a sealed jar – perfect to grab if you’re short of time.
- 2 red peppers, either from a jar (drained) or chargrilled and peeled
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 fat cloves of garlic, peeled
- 150g flaked almonds, roasted until golden
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Zest and juice of one small lemon
- 100ml olive oil
- 100G grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- Blitz the peppers, paprika, garlic, almonds and parsley in a food processor. Add the lemon juice, half of the olive oil, the Parmesan and blend. Continue adding oil until you have a smooth, loose paste with a nutty texture. Season to taste.
- use 1-2 tbsp per person mixed through your favourite courgetti or pasta. To preserve the pesto, pour it into a jar and cover with a thin layer of olive oil.
Loved this? Read more:
Roasted Port Isaac lobster with seaweed and lime butter
Griddled fennel and apricot orzo salad with almonds
Spring greens and coconut dahl recipe with coconut salsa