Liz’s date and dark chocolate beauty bombs
These date and dark chocolate beauty bombs get their subtle sweetness from dried dates, which offset the bitterness of delicious dark chocolate. Perfect for a pick me up and a blast of beauty boosting nutrients.
This recipe is taken from Liz’s bestselling book, ‘Skin’, which is full of delicious recipe plans and the ultimate wellbeing plan for radiant skin in 6 weeks. Buy your copy here.
- 100g ready-to-eat dried dates
- 30g jumbo oats
- 20g dark chocolate (over 80% cocoa solids or cocoa nibs)
- 30g walnut halves
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp linseeds
- 2 tsp cold water
- Put the dates, oats, chocolate and walnut halves into a food processor. (If you’re using cocoa nibs, leave them out of the processor at this stage.)
- Add the cinnamon, linseeds and water. Turn the processor onto high and whizz the mixture until smooth. Scrape the mixture down halfway through so that all the ingredients are chopped up evenly.
- Tip the combined mixture into a bowl or onto a board and divide it into eight to ten evenly sized pieces. (If you are using cocoa nibs, add them at this stage and knead the mixture together thoroughly before dividing.) Roll each piece into a ball, then transfer to a small airtight container to store.
Loved this? Now read: