Roasted pepper galette recipe
If you’re after a showstopper to share with friends, look no further than our tasty roasted pepper galette recipe. Be bold with your peppers and choose a mix of colours for a galette that will prove the centrepiece to any picnic or summer gathering.
A ‘galette’ is the catch-all term used to describe a dish with a flat pastry base, topped with sweet or savoury fillings. Easy to personalise, top your galette recipe with your favourite veggies and herbs. And don’t forget a sprinkling of cheese! Goat’s cheese adds an unmistakable tang to this tempting pastry dish, but feta is another delicious alternative if you prefer.
Serve this delicious galette recipe with a fresh, crisp side salad. Our go-to? It has to be watercress.
Full of vital nutrients such as iron, calcium, iodine and folic acid, as well as many vitamins and beta-carotene, watercress is well worth incorporating into your salads. What’s more, weight for weight it surprisingly contains more vitamin C than an orange. It also has more calcium than milk, more iron than spinach and more folate than a banana.
Subscribe to Liz Earle Wellbeing for recipes and more!
Liz Earle Wellbeing Magazine is full of wellbeing wisdom to inspire you to feel well, look well and live well for longer. It is only available via subscription so sign up now to ensure you never miss an issue of Liz’s trusted advice, delivered directly to your door. You can also enjoy six issues for the price of five when you sign up via direct debit and receive free UK p+p!
Discover more delicious recipes from Liz Earle Wellbeing
- 3 bell peppers (a mix of colours looks lovely) de-seeded and cut into 3cm strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 sprigs rosemary leaves, woody stalks removed
- 1 lemon, zest
- 10g chives, finely chopped
- 5g basil, finely chopped
- 60g goat's cheese, crumbled
- 100g ricotta
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 340g shortcrust pastry
- Drizzle of local honey
- 1 organic egg, beaten
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6. Add a large roasting tin to the oven.
- Add the peppers to a small roasting tin (not the one preheating), with the olive oil and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper. Add to the oven to roast for 20 minutes.
- Place the lemon zest, chives, basil, goat’s cheese, ricotta, extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of salt and lots of ground black pepper to a large bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry until about ½cm thick and 30cm in diameter. Don’t worry about it being a perfect circle.
- Leaving a 3cm gap from the edges, spread the cheese mixture onto the base of the pastry. Lay the roasted peppers on top in a circular pattern and add a drizzle of honey.
- Roughly fold the uncovered edges over the filling, creating a corner of overlapping pastry every 7cm or so. Glaze the exposed pastry with the egg.
- Remove the preheated baking tray from the oven, transfer the baking parchment with the galette into the tray and return to the oven. Bake for 40 minutes.