Slimming soups – cabbage soup recipe
This light and nourishing soup is perfect for anyone looking for a quick and light meal as part of a healthy eating plan, full of the health benefits of antioxidant-rich garlic and cabbage. Our wellbeing cabbage soup recipe – not taken from the radical ‘Cabbage Soup Diet’ – is a simple, clear soup that is literally ready in minutes, tastes wonderful and is perfect for a light lunch.
Subscribe for more inspiration from Liz Earle Wellbeing
- 1 dessert spoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250g cabbage, shredded
- 1 tomato, diced
- 250ml pint vegetable stock
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the garlic, tomato and cabbage, and cook gently with the lid on for two minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer gently for 5-10 minutes depending on how soft or crunchy you like your cabbage!
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.