Slimming soups – cabbage soup recipe
This light and nourishing soup is perfect for anyone looking for a quick and light meal as part of a healthy eating plan, full of the health benefits of antioxidant-rich garlic and cabbage. Our wellbeing cabbage soup recipe – not taken from the radical ‘Cabbage Soup Diet’ – is a simple, clear soup that is literally ready in minutes, tastes wonderful and is perfect for a light lunch.
Subscribe for more inspiration from Liz Earle Wellbeing
Love this cabbage soup recipe? You’ll find even more delights in our gorgeous print magazine. Built on over 30 years of Liz Earle’s personal, award-winning advice, experience and research, our much-loved bi-monthly magazine brings you the best ways to look good and feel great. You’ll find each issue packed with tried-and-trusted recipes, inspirational ideas and simple ways to bring out the very best in you. Wellbeing wisdom you can trust is at the heart of all we do.
- 1 dessert spoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250g cabbage, shredded
- 1 tomato, diced
- 250ml pint vegetable stock
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the garlic, tomato and cabbage, and cook gently with the lid on for two minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer gently for 5-10 minutes depending on how soft or crunchy you like your cabbage!
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Spring greens and coconut dahl recipe with coconut salsa