Sesame cabbage slaw recipe for a tasty side dish
Give cabbage a delicious new twist with our tasty slaw recipe. The perfect acompaniment to Asian-inspired dishes or outdoor gatherings, our cabbage sesame slaw is sure to go down a treat with the whole family.
Cabbage belongs to the Brassica genus and is closely related to other veggie favourites including broccoli, Brussels sprouts and cauliflower. A wellbeing staple, cabbage is high in nutrients and well worth adding to savoury dishes. It’s high in vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant for supporting the immune system and helping to keep cells healthy. This helpful vitamin also works to mop up damaging free radicals that our body produces as a natural part of metabolism.
Alongside cabbage, our slaw recipe also includes a generous dose of almonds – one of Liz’s favourites. They’re also a great source of healthy fats that help us to feel fuller for longer and support our heart health, too. Almonds are also rich in magnesium and vitamin E, which keep our skin plump and supple.
Enjoy with friends and serve alongside a refreshing glass of gut-friendly kombucha – don’t foget you can save 10% off Mighty Brew Kombucha with the code LIZLOVES.
Discover more recipes
- Breakfast muffin recipe
- Vegetarian cashew and spinach curry recipe
- Side of salmon recipe with a warming salad
Please note, on some occasions, we earn revenue if you click the links and buy the products, but we never allow this to bias our coverage and always honestly review. For more information please read our Affiliate Policy.
- 10 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 6 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 medium white cabbage, shredded
- 20g coriander, finely chopped
- 20g dill, finely chopped
- 100g almonds (or peanuts), toasted and roughly chopped
- In a large bowl, mix the oil, lime juice and soy sauce. Stir with a fork until the dressing is emulsified.
- Add the rest of your ingredients to the bowl, toss the slaw and serve.