Carrot and coriander soup recipe
Carrot and coriander soup is one of those classic pairings that’s utterly delicious. Light, aromatic and healthy, but oh so satisfying. This soup is perfect for warming you up on a chilly day.
What’s more, it couldn’t be easier to make. Simply cook the vegetables until tender and then whizz up in a blender. You’ll be enjoying a super nutritious meal in under an hour.
We recommend serving this carrot and coriander soup recipe with a generous serving of fresh crusty bread. For a gut-friendly choice, opt for sourdough. Sourdough is naturally fermented, meaning the tough outer shell of the grain is broken down before we eat it. This makes it easier to absorb and is gentler on our gut. Plus, making your own sourdough ensures you know exactly what’s in the recipe.
This recipe is extracted from Great British Vegan by Aimee Ryan. Whether you’re vegan or looking to introduce more plant-based meals into your diet, there’s a whole number of delicious meals to tempt you in this recipe book. This unique take on vegan cooking reimagines over 80 classic British dishes including shepherd’s pie, Welsh rarebit, Eton Mess, and even sticky toffee pudding.
Discover more delicious soup recipes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 white onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 400g carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 large handful of fresh coriander, plus extra leaves, to garnish
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion for three minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and ground coriander and cook for a further two minutes.
- Add the sweet potato, carrots and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 15–20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Tip everything into a blender, add the fresh coriander and blitz until smooth. Season to taste and serve sprinkled with some extra fresh coriander leaves and ground black pepper