Grapefruit and mint homemade ice lollies
Top up on vitamins while enjoying a delicious treat with our recipe for fruity homemade ice lollies. With fresh summer flavours, they’re ideal for enjoying on a warm, sunny afternoon.
Grapefruit is full of flavour and teeming with health benefits. It’s a rich source of powerful antioxidants. For instance, in just half a grapefruit, you’ll find 64% of your recommended daily amount of vitamin C! This helpful vitamin has a raft of functions, including keeping our cells healthy, maintaining healthy skin and blood vessels and supporting our immune system. Find out more about the powers of vitamin C in Liz’s podcast with Dr Thomas E. Levy.
A flourish of mint gives our homemade ice lollies a refreshing kick and really adds to the summer flavours – even better if you can grow your own at home too.
Subscribe for more inspiration from Liz Earle Wellbeing!
Love this cauliflower and kale salad recipe? You’ll find even more in our gorgeous print magazine. Built on over 30 years of Liz Earle’s personal, award-winning advice, experience and research, our much-loved bi-monthly magazine brings you the best ways to look good and feel great. You’ll find each issue packed with tried-and-trusted recipes, inspirational ideas and simple ways to bring out the very best in you. Wellbeing wisdom you can trust is at the heart of all we do.
Discover more delicious recipes
- 2 red-flesh grapefruits, juice
- 1 mint leaf per 2 lollies, sliced in half vertically
- 200ml water
- 6 lolly moulds
- Mix the grapefruit juice and some water together and pour into the lolly moulds until half way up.
- Place the halved mint leaves vertically into the lolly moulds and place in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- When the bottom layer has frozen, top up with the remaining grapefruit mixture and leave to freeze overnight.