Grapefruit and mint homemade ice lollies
Top up on vitamins while enjoying a delicious treat with our recipe for fruity homemade ice lollies. With fresh summer flavours, they’re ideal for enjoying on a warm, sunny afternoon.
Grapefruit is full of flavour and teeming with health benefits. It’s a rich source of powerful antioxidants. For instance, in just half a grapefruit, you’ll find 64% of your recommended daily amount of vitamin C! This helpful vitamin has a raft of functions, including keeping our cells healthy, maintaining healthy skin and blood vessels and supporting our immune system. Find out more about the powers of vitamin C in Liz’s podcast with Dr Thomas E. Levy.
A flourish of mint gives our homemade ice lollies a refreshing kick and really adds to the summer flavours – even better if you can grow your own at home too.
Subscribe for more inspiration from Liz Earle Wellbeing!
Discover more delicious recipes
- 2 red-flesh grapefruits, juice
- 1 mint leaf per 2 lollies, sliced in half vertically
- 200ml water
- 6 lolly moulds
- Mix the grapefruit juice and some water together and pour into the lolly moulds until half way up.
- Place the halved mint leaves vertically into the lolly moulds and place in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- When the bottom layer has frozen, top up with the remaining grapefruit mixture and leave to freeze overnight.