Easy no-bake berry energy balls recipe
Our recipe for berry energy balls is ideal for when you’re craving something sweet. All you need to do is blitz the ingredients together, shape into bitesize spheres and place in the fridge. Just an hour later, these tasty treats will be ready to enjoy.
These balls make the perfect pick-me-up to beat the afternoon slump. They make a healthy alternative to indulgent treats that may be loaded with refined sugar (yes, bar of chocolate, we’re looking at you…). Enjoy after a workout or with a cup of tea.
They can also be a delicious snack to take with you when you’re in a hurry. Make a whole batch and share them with friends at your next yoga class – they’re sure to go down a treat!
Plus, we’ve packed our energy balls recipe with berries to provide some additional healthy benefits. Strawberries are an easy way to add more wellness supporting nutrients into your day. These juicy fruits are bursting with skin-boosting vitamin C and healthy antioxidants to help us look and feel our best. What’s more, strawberries also contain potassium, which is a key mineral for a number of body functions, including regulating blood pressure.
Discover more delicious recipes
- 20g dates, pitted
- 60g almond butter
- 100g oats
- 25g flax seeds/ground flax
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 6g dried raspberries
- 6g dried strawberries
- 25g freeze-dried dragon fruit (pitaya) powder (buy online or from a health food shop)
- 40g desiccated coconut (use cocoa if you prefer)
- Soak the dates in freshly boiled water for ten minutes.
- Drain and add to a food processor with the remaining ingredients apart from the coconut.
- Blitz until the mixture is finely ground and feels like dough when pressed together. Scrape the mixture out onto a board and shape into 16 balls.
- Roll in the coconut and put into a container in the fridge to firm for an hour.
- These keep for up to four days in an airtight container.