Blackberry frozen yoghurt recipe
This is a fabulously refreshing fruity dessert. It’s a great way to use up a stash of hedgerow-picked berries. And with frozen blackberries available all year round in the supermarket, so you needn’t wait until autumn to make this refined-sugar free frozen yoghurt.
Raw honey hasn’t been pasteurised (heat-treated) and contains the living form of immune-boosting probiotic Lactobacillus kunkeei.
- 150g blackberries
- 1 tbsp raw local honey
- 1tbsp water
- 500g plain live Greek yoghurt
- Put the blackberries, honey and water in a pan and heat gently for five to six minutes, or until the blackberries begin to split. Remove from the heat and put to one side to cool.
- Put the yoghurt in a food processor and tip in the cooled berry mixture, whizz until blended, then spoon out into a shallow container.
- Put in the freezer and leave for a couple of hours, then remove and scoop it out, and put it back into the food processor to whizz again. Return it to the container, cover and put back in the freezer.
- Once frozen, do this one more time, then cover and leave in the freezer. For the optimum flavour, it’s best eaten within a few weeks.
Spring greens and coconut dahl recipe with coconut salsa