Seedy loaf recipe with almond flour and chia seeds
This seedy loaf recipe is as nutritious as it is sustaining. Full of protein and high-fibre carbs, it’s a delicious snack that is perfect for refuelling, especially after an active morning or a tough workout.
Chia seeds are well worth adding into your diet. These wellbeing wonders contain large amounts of fibre and omega-3 fatty acids. What’s more, they’re also teeming with high quality protein and antioxidants.
Please note that this recipe was originally published in the January/February 2022 issue of Liz Earle Wellbeing Magazine. Since publication, we have had to change the quantities of some of the ingredients needed, so please follow this recipe.
Subscribe for more inspiration from Liz Earle Wellbeing
You’ll find even more delights in our gorgeous print magazine. Built on over 30 years of Liz Earle’s personal, award-winning advice, experience and research, our much-loved, bi-monthly magazine brings you the best ways to look good and feel great. You’ll find each issue packed with tried-and-trusted recipes, inspirational ideas and simple ways to bring out the very best in you. Wellbeing wisdom you can trust is at the heart of all we do.
Discover more delicious recipes
- 220ml hot water
- 50g psyllium husk powder
- 80g chia seeds
- 400g almond flour
- 2 organic eggs, beaten
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 7g dried yeast stirred into 70ml warm water
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Add the hot water, psyllium husk, chia seeds and almond flour to a large bowl and mix well.
- Mix in the eggs, salt and coconut oil and stir well to combine.
- Stir the yeast into the warm water and add to the mixture, then leave for ten minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and pour the mixture in, flattening it with a palette knife or the back of a spoon. Sprinkle over the pumpkin seeds.
- Bake in the oven for an hour and a half, then leave to cool.
- You can slice the whole loaf and store in an airtight bag in the freezer. Simply take out slices as you need them and toast from frozen or leave to defrost.