Creamy cauliflower and almond soup recipe
This super-simple, creamy cauliflower soup recipe is a firm favourite of ours. It’s packed with skin-saving ingredients, like collagen from chicken stock. The word collagen comes from the Greek for glue and that’s because it’s one of the major building blocks for keeping out skin and bones strong. The vitamin K found in cauliflower also gives an extra bone boost. Studies show it can reduce the risk of fractures.
The almonds in this creamy cauliflower soup are also very high in protein and vitamin E, which both help to protect and nourish our skin. Cauliflower also contains high levels of sulfloraphane, a compound thought to potentially have anti-cancer properties. The soup is rich in vitamin C too. This helpful vitamin not only supports our immune system but is a powerful antioxidant too. Antioxidants are essential for our wellbeing and help to remove damaging free radicals from our bodies.
The garnish is important for our skin too. The drizzle of oil not only adds flavour, it’s also a good source of skin-strengthening and skin-smoothing essential fatty acids. We particularly love extra virgin olive oil from The Governor. Use code LIZLOVES for 10% off your order.
Serve this delicious cauliflower soup recipe hot for a comforting lunch in the winter. It also makes a refreshing starter when served chilled on warm summer days.
Watch Liz make this cauliflower soup recipe
Discover more delicious recipes here
Please note, on some occasions, we earn revenue if you click the links and buy the products, but we never allow this to bias our coverage and always honestly review. For more information please read our Affiliate Policy.
- 100g ground almonds
- 50g butter
- 1 large onion, skinned and roughly chopped
- 1 medium cauliflower, roughly chopped into florets
- 2 pints chicken stock, preferably homemade from organic chicken carcass
- ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 150ml single cream
- Salt and pepper to season
- 20g chopped nuts, lightly toasted
- Drizzle of pumpkin seed, truffle or extra virgin olive oil
- Chopped parsley
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the chopped onions and sauté until soft. Add the chopped cauliflower and ground almonds. Stir well.
- Pour in the chicken stock and add the nutmeg, salt and pepper. Put a lid on the pan and simmer until the cauliflower is cooked through and soft (approx 20 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool a little before puréeing in a food mixer or blender. Stir in the cream and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Reheat before serving (it’s also delicious served chilled in the summer) and pour into bowls. Garnish with a swirl of delicious oil of choice and a generous sprinkling of chopped nuts.
Thai chicken and coconut soup recipe (Tom Ka Gai)