Greek feta cheese pie recipe
Transport yourself to the Aegean with this tangy Greek cheese pie recipe, bursting with Mediterranean sunshine. What’s more, it couldn’t be easier to make. Simply mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and pour into a baking tray. Pop in the oven for half an hour and voila! A taste of the Mediterranean at your table.
Eggs play a starring role in this recipe and for good reason. Rich in vitamins, eggs are excellent for supporting our wellbeing. They’re a rich source of selenium, vitamin D, B2, B6, B12 and minerals including zinc, iron and copper. When choosing eggs, opt for organic. This ensures that the hens are free-range, roaming on organic land and eating an organic diet.
It wouldn’t be a Greek cheese pie without a generous helping of crumbly feta. This tangy cheese is a good source of calcium, along with phosphorous and B vitamins. Feta also contains friendly bacteria that can help to support our gut health and immune system.
Serve your cheese pie with a generous helping of salad. Tomatoes, cucumber and pepper – along with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil – work as the perfect accompaniment here. We love The Governor Extra Virgin Olive Oil – use LIZLOVES for 10% off.
Discover more delicious recipes
- Beetroot pancakes with feta and honey recipe
- Broccoli and feta crustless quiche recipe
- Feta cheese preserved in olive oil
- Eggs are a very good source of inexpensive, high-quality protein – with approximately 8g per medium egg.
- As well as protein, eggs are bursting with fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K.
- Feta cheese contains B vitamins, phosphorus and calcium, essential for healthy bones.
- 300g Gouda, coarsely grated
- 4 organic eggs
- 150g feta, crumbled
- 300g yoghurt
- 120g breadcrumbs
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350F/ gas mark 4. Mix the ingredients together in a bowl and pour into a square baking tray lined with parchment.
- Cook for around 30 minutes until the mixture has set.