Salmon, greens and pesto traybake recipe
A traybake can be just the thing when you’re looking for a speedy midweek meal. Our salmon traybake recipe with greens and pesto is as delicious as it is nourishing. What’s more, there’s limited washing up. A wellbeing win!
While you can buy shop-bought pesto, it’s super easy to whizz up at home. You’ll also know exactly what’s going in the recipe so there are no hidden nasties!
We love to use extra virgin olive oil in our pesto, and for good reason. Olive oil is primarily made up of heart-friendly monounsaturated fat (approximately 73%). It contains less of the pro-inflammatory omega-6 fats found in most other vegetable oils. EVOO is the healthiest and highest-quality olive oil available. This is because the oil is extracted without the use of high heat or chemical solvents, which can tarnish its precious nutrients.
And the wellbeing benefits don’t end there. Packed with omega-3s and vitamins D and B, salmon is a high protein dish with plenty of wow-factor. In fact, it’s been found that people who regularly eat fatty fish, such as salmon, have a lower risk of depression and cardiovascular disease.
Subscribe for more wellbeing wisdom
Love this salmon traybake recipe? You’ll find even more delights in our gorgeous print magazine. Built on over 30 years of Liz Earle’s personal, award-winning advice, experience and research, our much-loved bi-monthly magazine brings you the best ways to look good and feel great. You’ll find each issue packed with tried-and-trusted recipes, inspirational ideas and simple ways to bring out the very best in you. Wellbeing wisdom you can trust is at the heart of all we do.
Discover more delicious recipes
For the pesto
- 40g dill
- 40g mint leaves
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 60g almonds, toasted
- 2 anchovies
- 50g finely grated Parmesan
- 5-6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon zest and juice, plus 1/2 lemon to serve
For the traybake
- 100g green beans
- 100g Tenderstem broccoli, woody ends trimmed
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 100g frozen peas
- 50g whole almonds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 125g sustainably sourced salmon fillets
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely sliced, to serve (optional)
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6. Put the dill, mint, garlic, almonds, anchovies, Parmesan, oil and lemon juice and zest into a food processor and blitz until smooth. Set the pesto aside.
- Add the green beans, broccoli, tomatoes, peas, almonds, oil and half of the pesto into a large non-stick baking tray. Mix the ingredients well with a wooden spoon to fully coat the veg in the pesto mixture, then season well with salt and pepper.
- Nestle the salmon fillets skinside down between the veg mixture. Spread the remaining pesto onto the salmon to cover the flesh. Put in the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately with an optional pinch of fresh red chilli for an added kick.