Festive and fragrant orange blossom gin fizz
Welcome the party season in style with The Modern Husband Nico Ghirlando’s ultimate festive tipple. Not only will his beautiful drink wow guests, but the fuss-free recipe means you can play the perfect host and still join in all the fun.
- Few sprigs of lemon thyme
- 2 tbsp orange blossom honey*, dissolved in 2 tbsp of very hot water
- Crushed ice
- 8 shots of gin
- A few dashes of orange bitters (or Angostura)
- 2 tsp orange blossom extract
- 300ml tonic water
- 4 tsp pomegranate molasses
- Slice of orange
- Muddle the thyme leaves with the honey mixture in the bottom of a cocktail shaker, then fill up with crushed ice.
- Add the gin, bitters and orange blossom extract put the lid on and shake for about 20 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled flute or martini glass, top up with tonic, drizzle in the molasses and serve with an orange slice with thyme stuck into it.
*Swap for any high-quality, sustainable honey.