Chocolate coconut mousse pots recipe
Who can resist this heavenly chocolate coconut mousse dessert? It’s a real treat to share with friends, with its intense, rich flavour, yet relatively healthy ingredients. Enjoy at lunchtime to avoid its caffeine content interfering with sleep.
- 35g plain chocolate (85% cocoa), chopped
- 6 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp honey or dates syrup
- 1 medium organic egg, separated
- 15g toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- Put the chocolate into a bowl with 4 tablespoons of the coconut cream, the coconut oil and half a teaspoon of the honey or date syrup. Set the bowl over a pan of just simmering water, making sure the base doesn’t touch the water, and heat until the chocolate melts. You can also do this in the microwave on the lowest heat setting.
- Add the egg yolk to the mixture and stir in slowly.
- Whisk the egg white in a separate bowl until thick and mousse0like. Fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Divide between two small glasses and chill for 2 hours until set.
- Serve topped with the remaining coconut cream and sprinkled with the toasted coconut flakes. You can also serve this with a few cacao nibs sprinkled over the top.