Menopause and testosterone with Dr Louise Newson
Did you know that women produce more testosterone than estrogen? Though usually considered a male hormone, it’s essential for women’s health and wellbeing – particularly during menopause when levels decline.
Dr Louise Newson joins Liz to highlight its benefits for libido, energy levels and overall health, and explains how women can get a prescription in the UK.
This is the final instalment of our five part podcast special in celebration of World Menopause Day.
Inside the episode:
- Is testosterone a female hormone?
- How does testosterone ease menopause symptoms?
- How do we diagnose low levels of testosterone?
- Do men suffer from low testosterone levels?
- Can women access testosterone on the NHS?
- Can testosterone benefit young women?
- How does tablet estrogen affect our testosterone levels?
- What is DHEA?
- Why is compounded HRT not recommended?
Resources mentioned in the show:
To learn more about HRT, be sure to download Liz’s bestselling e-book, The Truth about HRT