Menopause and anxiety with Dr Rebecca Lewis
Dr Rebecca Lewis, a GP with a special interest in menopause, joins Liz to discuss anxiety. She reveals why women are often wrongly diagnosed and explains different treatment options.
She also explains the fascinating research behind estrogen and its link with Alzheimer’s.
Inside this week’s episode
- How estrogen impacts our mood
- Why antidepressants often aren’t the right option
- How to speak to your GP
- How replacing estrogen can help
- The link between estrogen and Alzheimer’s
- The role of testosterone
- What other conditions estrogen can help
- The link between menopause and suicide
- What is progesterone?
- Why getting the right dose is essential