DIY revitalising avocado face mask
Packed full of healthy fats and skin-friendly minerals, nearly all parts of the avocado are put to good use in this revitalising face mask. The action of rubbing the avocado stone over the skin stimulates pressure points on the face and boots lymphatic drainage. It also increases blood circulation and gives the complexion an invigorating workout. When the weather is hot, chill the avocado for an added cooling and de-puffing fix.
- 1/2 small, ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp live yoghurt
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Remove the skin and stone from the halved avocado and set to one side.
- Mix the avocado flesh with the yoghurt, runny honey and lemon juice until the mixture forms a smooth paste.
- Take the avocado skin and gently rub the inside of the skin over the face and neck. This will gently exfoliate and prepare the skin for the revitalising face pack.
- Next, smooth the avocado mixture on to the face and throat, and relax for 10-15 minutes. Gently roll the avocado stone over the face and neck before rinsing the face mask away with warm water.
Read more beauty DIYs
- Fresh mint, oat and honey face mask
- Lavender and poppy seed soap recipe
- DIY hair mask oil for longer thicker hair
- While coconut oil has a mere 5-10% oleic acid content, avocado flesh contains a huge 63%, making it an excellent moisturiser for the skin.
- Honey is rich in antioxidants which can help to ward off skin-damaging free radicals.
- The bacteria in live yoghurt can help to support our skin’s flora, leaving behind clearer, more balanced skin.