Fresh mint, oat and honey face mask
Looking for a hydrating face mask? There’s no need to head out to the shops for a plastic packaged face mask. It takes just a matter of minutes to whip up a skin treat at home, as we explain in this easy beauty DIY.
Oats and honey are a naturally hydrating combination. Honey is also fantastic for our skin – both inside and out. It has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties, as well as being highly moisturising. The best honey comes from your local producer – and don’t think that this rule doesn’t count if you live in a town or city. Urban bees are thriving and often produce the most delicious honey!
We’ve added fresh mint (cut straight from the garden) as it contains small amounts of salicylic acid. This gently exfoliating acid smooths and brightens the skin’s surface, creating a glowing complexion.
How to make the face mask at home:
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- Half a cup of oats
- 2 tbsp honey
- Blitz the fresh mint and oats in a food processor.
- Add the honey and a tablespoon of water, mixing until combined.
- Apply immediately or keep refrigerated and use within two days.
- Apply to clean, dry skin on the face and neck.
- Relax for 15-20 minutes before rinsing thoroughly with warm water and patting the skin dry.