Men’s health and the ‘manopause’ with Dr Jeff Foster
Dr Jeff Foster, a senior doctor and men’s health specialist, joins Liz to explain why he’s on a mission to get us talking about the specific medical needs of men, especially as they enter the second half of their lives. Jeff discusses the key markers of men’s health, whether the ‘manopause’ is something we should be talking about, and how men can best look after their bodies.
Inside the episode
- How Jeff became interested in men’s health
- The differences between men and women
- The role of testosterone
- Is the ‘manopause’ real?
- How men can be more proactive about their health
- Mental health in men
- Lifestyle habits to keep men healthy
Links mentioned in the episode
- Find out more about Dr Jeff Foster
- Follow Jeff on Twitter
- Buy Jeff’s book, Man Alive: The health problems men face and how to fix them