Fertility, IVF and the microbiome with Mr Stuart Lavery
Mr Stuart Lavery, a consultant in gynaecology, reproductive medicine and surgery, joins Liz to discuss the latest developments in fertility medicine. He explains the fascinating research linking the gut microbiome to fertility, and discusses the rise in the popularity of egg freezing. He also explains what to do if you’re having trouble conceiving.
Inside the episode
- What is pre-implantation genetics?
- Advice for couples having trouble conceiving
- The role of the gut microbiome and fertility
- The rise in the popularity of egg freezing
- Egg and sperm donation
- Fertility medicine and disease prevention
- Having children later in life
Links mentioned in the episode
- The NHS and IVF
- Subscribe to the Liz Earle Wellbeing YouTube channel
- Subscribe to Liz Earle Wellbeing magazine