The lure and lies of processed food, with Dr Robert Lustig
On this episode of The Liz Earle Wellbeing Show, Liz is joined by Dr Robert Lustig, a paediatric endocrinologist with over 40 years of experience. It was his work with obese children that spurred him on to become one of the leading voices on how our modern diets (rich in both processed foods and sugar) are sabotaging our metabolic health.
Dr Lustig uncovers the truth about ultra-processed produce and shares his simple rule for eating with health in mind – protect the liver, feed the gut.
Stream the episode below, or download the recording via iTunes or Spotify.
Inside the episode
- Protecting the liver and feeding the gut
- How processed food is affecting our health
- Key differences between processed and ultra-processed food
- 8 metabolic diseases often associated with obesity
- Improving mitochondrial health through what we eat
- Busting the calorie myth
Links mentioned in the episode
How to live happier, healthier and longer, with Gabriela Peacock