Navigating eating challenges with Jane Clarke
Nutritionist and Cordon Bleu chef, Jane Clarke, joins Liz on the Liz Earle Wellbeing Show to discuss eating challenges, with a particular focus on dementia. While memory loss and confusion are the most well-known symptoms of this neurological disease, it can also negatively affect a person’s ability and desire to eat. This is something Jane experienced first-hand when her father was diagnosed with the disease in 2006. Saddened to discover that most people with dementia are served puréed ‘brown mush’, she set out to develop a different approach to the eating challenges these people faced.
Jane truly is the go-to expert on ensuring everyone has healthy and delicious food to support body and mind. Here she shares her tips for those struggling with eating challenges.
Inside the episode
- How Jane became passionate about healthy food
- How dementia impacts eating
- Strategies for supporting loved ones with dementia
- Why we crave sugar when we’re ill
- Jane’s range of drinks for those with eating challenges
- Other reasons people struggle with eating
- Tips for someone going through chemotherapy
Links mentioned in the episode
- Find out more about Jane and her range of Nourish drinks
- Subscribe to Liz Earle Wellbeing Magazine
- Sign up to our free newsletter