Approaching menopause like an Olympian, with Michelle Griffith-Robinson
Do you know what brings you joy? GB Olympian, personal trainer and life coach Michelle Griffith-Robinson joins Liz on this episode to share how to approach the menopause like an Olympian.
In this Menopause Month episode, Michelle shares why fitness is a non-negotiable for her physical and mental health, the importance of strength training for midlife women, and how to find out what makes you spark.
Michelle also shares her personal experience of the menopause and the symptoms she experienced, such as low libido, brain fog and anxiety, as well as being diagnosed as pre-diabetic in 2018.
The episode also covers the inequalities in menopause healthcare, and the differences between ethnicities in developing health conditions, such as type 2 diabetes.
Links mentioned in the episode:
- Follow Michelle on Instagram
- Learn more about The Menopause Charity
- Visit the Diabetes UK website
- Learn more about The Balance App
- Visit the Women’s Aid website
- Listen to our podcast on menopause care inequalities with Dr Nighat Arif and Dr Kuki Avery
- Listen to our podcast on type 2 diabetes with Dr Jason Fung