The Menopause Manifesto with Dr Jen Gunter
Obstetrician, gynaecologist and international bestselling author of The Vagina Bible, Dr Jen Gunter, joins Liz on the latest episode of the Liz Earle Wellbeing Show. Jen discusses the stubborn myths and misunderstandings about menopause with the latest science and expert insight.
She also tackles the common misunderstandings associated with menopause, including whether ethnicity influences our menopause, if the age of our first period impacts when we reach menopause, and whether eating foods rich in phytoestrogens can have any effect on our symptoms.
Stream the episode below, or download the recording via iTunes or Spotify.
Inside the episode
- Jen’s motivation for the Menopause Manifesto
- Debunking menopause myths
- The symptoms of perimenopause
- What influences the age of menopause
- Limiting our risk for adverse health conditions
- A healthy menopausal diet
- The role of HRT
Links mentioned in the episode
Watch the episode
How to understand anger, with James Earl