Menopause and the government, with Carolyn Harris MP
Want to know more about government action on menopause? Carolyn Harris MP joins Liz on this episode of the podcast to speak up about the menopause care that women deserve.
Carolyn, who is the Labour MP for Swansea East, reveals her own experience of the menopause, and discusses with Liz what the government is doing to support menopausal women.
The episode also covers new changes to how we pay for HRT prescriptions, women and the criminal justice system, and the complaints on menopause Carolyn receives on a regular basis. Carolyn also shares how to get more MPs involved and talking about this life transition, and how menopausal women can be better supported in the workplace.
Links mentioned in the episode:
- Visit Carolyn Harris MP’s website here
- Follow Carolyn on Instagram
- Get a prescription prepayment certificate (PPC)
- Learn more about the APPG on menopause
- Learn more about the Balance Menopause app
- Listen to our episode on the realities of being a woman in parliament
- Subscribe to Liz Earle Wellbeing Magazine