How to be happy, with Mo Gawdat
Liz is joined by author and former Chief Business Officer at Google, Mo Gawdat. Despite the luxuries his former career afforded him, Mo found that the more he had, the worse he felt. Mo details his experience with grief, depression and recovery. He also shares his equation for happiness and explains why he’s seeking to make a billion people happier.
Inside the episode
- The equation for happiness
- Do high achievers struggle with unhappiness more?
- Target setting and its impact on happiness
- Meditation and the modern world
- How our thoughts can shape our brain
- How the pandemic has impacted our behaviour
- The difference between pain and suffering
- Learning from children
- Using technology for positivity
Links mentioned in the episode